How long does it take for a fax to go through?

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Usually when I send a fax/referral, it usually takes a day for it to get to the recipient. How can this be acceptable when it's a 'STAT' fax being sent?
Photo of Compassionate House VisitsCH

Compassionate House Visits

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Likes
  • frustrated

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Michelle L.

Michelle L., Official Rep

• 1948 Posts
  • 122 Likes
This is a great question! The time for a fax referral to be sent can vary based on several factors. This will depend on the volume of requests stacked in the fax queue out of Practice Fusion as well as the recipients ability to receive the fax.

If the recipients fax signal was busy, Practice Fusion will attempt to send the referral a total of five times.

If the referral is an emergency and you cannot allow for these factors to impact the referral being received, we encourage you to manually fax referral.
Photo of Beth Lo, M.D.BL

Beth Lo, M.D.

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Like
What is the typical time range- minutes, hours or days- that a fax can take to go through on average?

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Likes
For some unknown reason, my faxes take 24 hrs to go through. However, earlier this week, none of my faxes went through. Then I was told to manually fax them.
Photo of Beth Lo, M.D.BL

Beth Lo, M.D.

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Like
Thanks for your quick response- not encouraging though!

• 3 Posts
  • 0 Likes
No problem, unfortunately I'm having a hard time with the faxes. I found out today that none of my faxes that were marked 'success' were NOT delivered at all to 3 different recipients. Chat CSR is of no help. It seems they always are blaming the other party's fax.
Photo of Michelle L.

Michelle L., Official Rep

• 1948 Posts
  • 122 Likes
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in the Help Forum, this is incredibly helpful.

I understand the process for successfully sending a fax referral may be frustrating, however, please keep in mind the factors outlined above.

We have investigated fax referrals that are not received by the recipient but are marked as successful. This rarely can happen due to factors out of our control on the recipients end. These factors can include an offline error or internet connection.

Please keep in mind the instant version of the referral is also sent at the same time to the email associated with the recipients contact information.

Our Product team is currently investigating ways to improve the referral experience and we will make sure to utilize your feedback and provide updates directly on this thread.

Thank you for your continued patience as we work to enhance your experience within Practice Fusion!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.