How do I delete or deactivate a patient?

• Article
  • Updated 4 months ago
Photo of James C.

James C., Moderator

• 80 Posts
  • 2 Likes

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Carol

Carol

• 3 Posts
  • 1 Like
Is there any way we can UNshow the deactivated patient so we don't keep clicking on the wrong one?
Photo of Lauren C.

Lauren C.

• 107 Posts
  • 22 Likes
Hi Carol! Inactive patients should automatically hide in the system so that you are not clicking on the wrong one. If you are still seeing inactive patients, you can hide your list of inactive patients by unchecking the Show inactive patients box when searching for patients in the system.

Photo of Joanne Parks MDJP

Joanne Parks MD

• 2 Posts
  • 0 Likes
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
Deleting extraneous stuff.

how do I delete the test patients from training? and how can I just have soap not pop up rather than the other note options. as a psychiatrist, those other notes are irrelevant.
Photo of RebekahR

Rebekah

• 10 Posts
  • 4 Likes
So what happens if you have a patient who decides they do not want their information online? I have attempted to delete the chart due to the patient's privacy wishes, but there is no option. I have attempted to delete all documentation, but you cannot delete uploaded documents designated as "referrals", which still contain patient information. There has to be a way to eradicate this information as it goes against the patient's wishes to have it remain uploaded.
Photo of PF Staff Ashley S.

PF Staff Ashley S., Official Rep

• 1972 Posts
  • 187 Likes
Official Response
Can I delete a patient? 

There isn't a way to delete a patient once they've been created. However, you can deactivate the patient which will effectively remove them from your list of patients. 

How do I deactivate a patient? 
In the Old EHR: 

To deactivate a patient, open the patient chart and select the Basic link on the left-hand side. Click the Edit button, uncheck the "Active patient" box at the top and click the Save button. 

In the New EHR:

To deactivate a patient, navigate to the patient's profile and un-check the "Active Patient" button. Save your changes.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.